As a CEO or other senior leader, how do you feel when after a leadership retreat you come up with a bunch of incredible ways to up-level your business, but a few months later, all those ideas have died a quiet death, and business is much the same as before?
Today we’re continuing Season 3, focused on High Value-Creating Leadership Teams.
Richard Medcalf and Davina Stanley discuss what we can do to implement all the good stuff from our off-sites and the practical ways to maintain awareness and focus, and to eliminate lower-value activities.
- The underlying reasons why most initiatives developed at team off-sites die a quiet death
- The two kinds of decisions your team will make - and which ones you need to focus on
- The "Las Vegas Wedding Rule" and how to apply it to your leadership offsite
- Tips to restructure your environment to improve follow-through
- The extra person you might need to help you deliver on your leadership team offsite
"Events inspire, processes transform. So work on the process surrounding your offsite much more than the retreat itself!"
Resources & sources mentioned:
Subscribe to The Impact Multiplier CEO Podcast
More of a video person? No problem.
You can watch this episode and discover more videos on strategy, leadership and purpose over on the Xquadrant YouTube channel.
Beyond the podcast...
Once you've subscribed to the podcast, why not go deeper and subscribe to the Xquadrant Insider?
This is our complementary email newsletter that focuses on multiplying value and impact at the intersection of leadership, strategy and purpose. Originally designed for our private clients, we've made this available to a wider audience of high-achieving and purpose-driven leaders.