It’s hardly new news – but digital disruption is now top-of-mind in practically ever sector.
You probably have your own favourite stats on this issue. Here are mine. 63% of industrial players and 81% of tech companies are experiencing significant disruption, or are expecting it within 12 months. (Source: Russell Reynolds Associates).
Digital disruption poses an existential threat to many incumbent players, who need to:
- Reimagine the business model;
- Implement new technology platforms & business processes;
- Promote more innovative and entrepreneurial activity and experimentation;
- Integrate data analytics, machine learning and AI into the business;
- Accelerate the overall pace of change; notably by moving from top-down management to agile, cross-functional, collaboration
As an organisation moves forward with its digital transformation project, one key topic can easily get overlooked amongst all the discussions on strategy, technology and business processes.
Because at the heart of digital transformation is a leadership and people question: How will our people live this digital transformation – and how can we instill the necessary values, mindset and practices?
I spend a lot of time helping businesses work through the people, cultural and leadership issues that hold back digital transformation. Here are 7 people issues that companies who are serious about genuine digital transformation will need to navigate. >> Read more…